Primary Purpose:Responsible for performing tissue evaluation, providing support processing tissue, and packing and shipping tissue in an efficient and accurate manner. Also provides general laboratory support. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and Experience:
- Performs specular evaluation of donor corneas.
- Supports tissue processing through circulating and equipment cleaning.
- Packs tissue shipments for transportation
- Ensures tissue transportation within SightLife and for surgery is carried out in a timely manner, including personally transporting tissue as needed.
- Perform processing associated laboratory duties.
- Performs general laboratory duties as needed, including but not limited to, ordering, stocking supplies, and cleaning.
- Accurately documents donor and surgery related information into appropriate database(s).
- Ensures all quality standards are met prior to distribution (Eye Bank Association of America, Food and Drug Administration, and SightLife).
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s in related field or 3 years experience in Ophthalmology related position.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to interact effectively with all SightLife staff.
- In all daily activities, strive to support the Mission, Vision, and Values of SightLife.
- A personal commitment to organ and tissue donation required.
- Ability to work long hours, nights, and weekends when needed.
- Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license, and be eligible to meet our company driving standards.