Provide support for cornea tissue pre-cutting for research and transplant, and assist in distribution of pre-cut tissue to local, national, and international surgeons and to other eye banks. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform processing associated laboratory duties.
- Provide assistance to processor during pre-cutting of tissue.
- Perform precise specular evaluation of routine transplant and pre-cut donor tissue.
- Ensure all quality standards are met prior to distribution (Eye Bank Association of America, Food and Drug Administration, and CorneaGen).
- Assist in the delivery of tissue for surgeons, as needed.
- Gather and assist in the analysis of data related to the pre-cut procedure, process and distribution.
- Work with CorneaGen Clinical Operations staff, and other distribution organizations to efficiently and accurately provide tissue for pre-cut needs or routine transplant needs in a timely manner.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required Skills/Knowledge/Abilities:
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all CorneaGen staff.
- Ability to work long hours, nights, and weekends when needed.
- A personal commitment to organ and tissue donation required.
- In all daily activities, strive to support the Mission and Values of CorneaGen.
- High School or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Laboratory, Ophthalmology, or eye banking experience preferred.