CorneaGen is a mission-driven company committed to transforming how corneal surgeons treat and care for the cornea. Based in Seattle, the company is innovating the next generation of cornea care, from new medical devices and biologics to therapeutics and interventions. CorneaGen supports corneal surgeons and their patients with a spectrum of services, including the latest in innovative products, delivery of the highest quality tissue, surgeon education, and advocacy for patient access and reimbursement policies.Primary Purpose:
Under the direction of the Technical Program Manager and Director at CorneaGen - Boston, the Laboratory Support Technician will assist in tissue processing and distribution related operations, and tissue suitability activities. The incumbent will be expected to steward each donor’s Gift
by ensuring standardized operational practices are effectively executed at the local level and by seeking continual improvement opportunities to maximize the value of the Gift
. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents and assists in the aseptic processing of DSAEK, DMEK, and other processed grafts.
- Performs other processing duties as needed such as tissue rinses, transfers, and iridectomies.
- Performs tissue evaluations using the slit lamp, specular microscope, and OCT, as required.
- Accountable for packing and verifying shipment of tissue for transplant, research and education.
- Identifies and resolves problems and discrepancies as it relates to tissue distribution.
- Performs laboratory maintenance including cleaning and disinfecting equipment, surfaces, and fixtures for the facility.
- Performs routine environmental monitoring.
- Ensures materials and resources are fully stocked and available while containing costs associated with operational waste.
- Maintains legible and accurate documentation on forms, logs and binders related to daily/weekly/monthly laboratory maintenance.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned in laboratory maintenance, quality control, training and research.
- Documents and assists in the management of routine maintenance/annual certification of equipment and troubleshooting activities required.
- Communicates with Distribution / Customer Service regarding tissue status and local needs.
- Contributes new ideas or techniques, which result in better service or improve quality of work of CorneaGen.
- Maintains required communication with all departments in order maintain efficient time management.
- Supports the Mission and Values of CorneaGen in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in an allied health field or an equivalent combination of education and highly relevant experience required.
- Aseptic technique preferred.
- Able to work well with others in a collaborative and respectful manner.
- Able to multi-task, deal with complexity on a frequent basis.
- Essential to perform all functions of the job accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Able to arrive for work on time and maintain a good attendance record.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Demonstrates passion for the Mission and Values of CorneaGen, including personal support of organ and tissue donation.