Primary Purpose:Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. Participate in consultation to users and in cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and Experience:
- Gathers complex business requirements by defining the business problem and data requirements.
- Designs advanced data queries based on customer inquiries/needs. Extracts, validates, and analyzes desired data.
- Utilizes an intermediate understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the design, development and implementation of decision support solutions. This may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Provide application analysis and data modeling design to collect data for centralized data warehouse.
- Extract data from databases and data warehouses for reporting and to facilitate sharing between multiple data systems.
- Prepares and presents reports and analysis in requested formats to internal/external audiences as required.
- Support end users with training materials and technical assistance as necessary.
- Communicate reporting changes, enhancements, and modifications both verbally and through written documentation to management and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Work with business partners and end-users on analysis and deployment of relevant data to match long-term strategies. Supplement data governance and modeling efforts.
- Analyze future acquisition and integration impacts of data needs.
- Works with cross-departmental teams to understand and capture data analysis and reporting requirements, including the metrics and methodologies to be used.
- Partners with cross functional team to influence the design, alignment, and implementation of technical standards to address appropriate business solutions.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Develop, implement and optimize data management processes to design elegant reporting and analytics solutions.
- In conjunction with data owners and business units, develop models, procedures, and protocols for reporting in concert with organization goals.
- Develops innovative approaches to address complex business problems and solutions.
- Supports the Mission and Values of CorneaGen in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology Management Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and highly relevant experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Preferred degree or credential?
- Required Experience
- Proven experience with report writing and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling.
- Proven experience with reporting tools, software, and other applications, including Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Salesforce . PowerBI.
- Proficient in the use of reporting analysis tools.
- Considerable exposure to the operation and analysis of Microsoft SQL relational database software and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Able to work well with others in a collaborative and respectful manner.
- Able to multi-task, deal with complexity on a frequent basis.
- Essential to perform all functions of the job accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Able to arrive for work on time and maintain a good attendance record.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Demonstrates passion for the Mission and Values of CorneaGen, including personal support of organ and tissue donation.